One question that definitely weighs heavily on your heart if you're getting a divorce is how you can get custody of your child? Alright, I'm sure that you know that the court's decision will determine the final outcome. There are particular measures, however, that you can take to help ensure that the outcomes are as you expect them to be. We'll suggest ten moves in this piece to help you improve the chances.
- We know there is currently a lot of stress on you, but remember to put your child's needs first over this battle.
- If it's possible, try & stay in the same school location.
- If you're the one who is moving out, make sure you find the right living place for you and your family. This is bound to be a significant aspect the judge is going to look at.
- In all aspects of your life, make a special effort during this time to find or keep stability.
- Even if you have decided to hire a lawyer, do your research and educate yourself on everything about the process of how to gain child custody successfully.
- Do everything you can not to involve your child in the custody battle.
- Facilitate your ex-spouse's custody as much as possible.
- Be aware of your limits and needs.
- Be sure to avoid cohabitation too early in a new relationship.
- If your work schedule does not fit your child's routine, ask your employer to adjust it, or you may have to find another job with a schedule that does.
There you have it - please keep these ten critical steps in mind because they are crucial to win a child custody battle.
Attempting to gain child custody can be a difficult and ugly process if you rely only on your ex-spouse's cooperation. Your child is what is at stake here, and you must do your research and learn everything you can about how to win your child custody battle and what could also potentially jeopardize your case.
At the law office of Jos Family Law, our focus is on assisting families with legal matters that include the most significant aspects of their lives. You can trust Attorney Binoye Jos to help you navigate your family law matters. Contact the office of Mr. Binoye Jos, the best Family Law Attorney in Orange County, at 1-(714)-733-7066 to get the guidance you require.