If you are already providing child support, you know that in California Family Law Courts, there is a common procedure adopted by the courts to decide the payment that the paying party will contribute to the custodial parent. In general, both individuals have a financial responsibility to protect their children, and this commitment is decided by the popular “Dissomaster” method. This tax-based policy takes into consideration the incomes of both parents, the time each spent with the children, etc.
Other essential factors, such as medical deductions, child care expenses, mortgage interest payments, union dues, etc. play a vital role. A child support payment amount is produced based on the numbers obtained from this method. There may be several factors for you to pay high support for children, such as:
1. You earn way more income/revenue than the other parent, and NO, your new spouse’s income is not considered for child support.
2. You don’t spend much time with the child/children. The average time-share is typically 20 percent for the parent who is “non-custodial” and 80 percent for the parent who is in custody.
3. You spend a lot of interest in your property. This increases your liability because you’re allowed to claim the expense on your tax return, so it’s considered a gain to you.
4. The other parent covers medical expenses.
5. Your kids have high daycare costs.
So make sure to consult with the Family Law Attorney before going to court or talking to your partner (or ex) about child support, who can run the numbers through the system and can then advise you on the right course of action.
At Jos Family Law, Mr. Binoye Jos, the best Indian Family Law Attorney in Orange County, focuses on aiding families with legal matters that involve the most important people and aspects of their lives. When families are affected, the outcome of family law disputes should always be in the family’s best interests. You can rely on Mr. Binoye Jos to help you navigate your family law issues. Call the law office of Mr. Binoye Jos, the best Indian Family Law Attorney in Orange County, at 1-(714)-733-7066 to get the guidance you require to execute smart, knowledgeable judgments.